A mainland company is simply an on-shore company, licenses for the mainland are issued by the department of economic development of the emirate where entrepreneurs are looking to set up their business. A mainland company is allowed to operate inside and outside the UAE.
- 122 activities are permitted for 100% foreign ownership.
- Authorized to trade and open retail stores all over UAE and outside of the Emirates.
- Authorized to rent or buy an office all over UAE.
- Wider choice of space at much cheaper rates than some free zone private offices.
- More visa allocations depending on the office space.
- Eligibility to register with the chamber of commerce and
to work with the UAE government.
- Custom tax.
- Municipality tax.
- Mandatory office space.
- Company set-up in mainland is more costly than in free zone.
- More red tape in license issuance and third party approvals.
- Minimum share capital required.
• Company set up
• Official documents renewals
• License amendment services
• Legal translation
• Branch setup
• Holding setup
• Document attestation/Notarization
• Corporate bank account
• Company liquidation
• Dubai Municipality (DM)
• Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
• Dubai Civil Defense (DCD)
• Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA)
• Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM)
• Occupation Health Center (OHC)
• General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA)
• Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
• Department of Food Control
• Wages Protection System (WPS)
• National Media Council
• Dubai Court